Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Preacher's Son III

08/05/2010

After taking a full three seconds to think about it, I said, "Yes" to Chris's proposal. We began making plans for a wedding shortly after that. In between, we worked, went to class, talked on the phone, and spent as much time together as possible.

We had a schedule worked out. He came to see me every day of the week except Wednesdays, Saturdays, and Sundays. I went to see him and go to church with him on Wednesdays and Sundays. On Saturdays, I had to work both of my jobs and so, we just talked half the night away.

We decided to get married in March. There were several reasons we decided to get married in March (yes, it would only be two months after we met!). First, we would have money after getting our taxes done. Second, we were killing ourselves (and my grades!) trying to spend time together. There were many a night we fell asleep on my couch or Chris had to pull over on his way home to take a short nap because of sheer exhaustion! We also decided that my spring break would be a good time to have a wedding.

Chris did everything he could to help with the wedding. He helped plan, listened to all my ideas, and helped spend money :) He was also really good at trying to keep me happy. One day, I was having a particularly bad day at work. He showed up, driving over an hour, just to bring me a gorgeous arrangement of roses. I was a little spoiled.

March the 6th rolled around. I spent much of the night before sewing the last of the beads on my dress. I didn't sleep well. The morning dawned and it was rainy. As the day went on, I got more nervous. Finally, the hour before the wedding arrived. My ONE concern was, IS HE THERE? I kept asking my friends if they had seen him. Was he really going to show up? Someone saw him, so, I knew he was still hanging around out there.

FINALLY!! Time for the wedding. The music starts. I am waiting my turn. I see him standing there. I make my way with my daddy to this guy I have only known for two months. He looks so handsome. Am I really doing this? Too late not to now. The ceremony keeps going and then he sings. He sang, "Now and Forever" by Richard Marx. Suddenly, I am a married woman. :)


No comments: