Saturday, August 14, 2010

Kids Are Funny!

I love to laugh. We do it a lot around our house. I tend to have a quick wit. Chris has a dry sense of humor that catches people off guard. The kids got a combination from both of us. They also just make observations that we find hysterical on occasion. They all get us from time to time. Nathan and Matt are at an age where they are catching on to more adult humor. Abbi notices girly things and gross things and reacts in hysterical ways. Benjamin got the biggest dose of humor from both Mama and Daddy and we end up in stitches quite often. Here are a few examples:

Nathan (age 5) was outside with his Daddy. Chris looked up and said, "I see a red bird!" Nathan looked at his Daddy and said, "I see a redneck!"

Matthew (age 3): We were in Lowe's looking for foam insulation. He looked up and saw the large rolls of attic insulation all shrink-wrapped and packaged together. He then looked at me and said, "Mama! That's a big ol' roll of toilet paper!"

Abbi (age 6) was testing me quite a bit that particular day. I finally told her she was "annoying me". She said, "ME? Annoy YOU? Nonsense..."

Benjamin (age 5): After our recent vacation, Chris was complaining about having gained some weight. Matthew then said something about his nickname being, "hubby". Benjamin said, "No! His nickname is chubby!"

Matthew (age 10): I was frustrated with Matthew for trying to discipline his younger brother. I asked, "Did you give birth to him?" Matthew answered, "That's highly illogical!"

Benjamin (age 5): Nathan had been aggravating him and he said, "I wish I was a girl cause then I could hit Nathan cause boys can't hit girls!"

Benjamin (age 6) I had asked him several times to go to bed. Around the fourth time, I finally said, "Benjamin, will you PLEASE go to bed?!" He answered, "Whatever you say...Sweet Cheeks!"

We get these things and more quite often. I am beginning to feel I should carry around a notebook so I can write all of these things down when they happen. I know I will never remember all of them, later. However, I do appreciate my children for all the good laughs they have given us, so far!

No comments: