Wednesday, January 25, 2012

I Wish...

You know, there are a lot of things I wish I could do. I wish I could sing really well. I wish I could play an instrument. I probably could...IF I were willing to put in the time and effort required at this age. I am feeling quite old to take on something like that, too.

I would love to be able to knit intricate patterns and things. I can do some knitting. I have made scarves and blankets. I would like to make sweaters and cute little hats. I guess I could learn to do that, if I wanted to. I would just need to take the time to learn how to do that.

I wish I could act. I would like to be able to just get up on a stage and perform. It would be so cool to be able to bring people to tears with a facial expression or soliloquy. I think it would be awesome to hold complete strangers in thrall while watching me.

I know I have talents. We all do. I try to put my talents to use. I try to use what I have been given. I can't say that I always do it perfectly or successfully. I dabble in some things. I could work harder at them and do them better. Imagine what would happen if everyone could do everything they wanted to do as perfectly as they wanted to do it...wouldn't it be a boring world?

1 comment:

Tammy Drawdy said...

Yes, it would, Shannon! I never really thought of it in that exact way. I have always said, "It would be a boring world if we were all the same."
It's all those wonderful differences ... likes and dislikes, tastes and preferences in each of us that makes us interesting!
You have your own, unique and beautiful talents ... and they belong to only YOU! Even with all the miles in between us ... I can enjoy "some" of them here and on FB! Thank you for sharing!